District Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day
Components of TITLE I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Profession Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. he goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way give the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Useful Links and Resources
The District Title One office has now developed the Parent Involvement
webpage on the PCSB website. Please go to the web address to find helpful
resources for parents!
- District Title I page
- District Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- District Website
- Parent and Family Engagement Plan
- Parent Guide/Code of Conduct
- Right to Know letter
- School Improvement Plan
- School-Parent Compact a plan developed jointly with school staff and parents that explains what teachers, other school staff, and parents need to do to help children meet state education in standards.
- School Volunteer Information
- Title 1 Parent Survey
- Annual report card (EduData) The Florida Department of Education is excited to announce the release of the beta version of Florida’s education reports portal, which includes the 2017-18 School and District Report Cards. The report cards will serve as a valuable resource for understanding important information about Florida’s districts and schools.